Getting engaged and planning your wedding reception are some of the most exciting times in your life. Once you’ve found that perfect venue it’s time to look at some unique and fun ways to make it special and memorable. So on to the finishing touches, the following are some unique ideas when planning your wedding reception.
- Choosing the perfect band or DJ – Start by picking the band or DJ is the best way to keep your wedding guests up on the dance floor all night long and begging for one last song. A band or DJ is a matter of personal choice or even budget, just be sure to find one that reflects your personal style. Ask around and meet before the big day to make sure it’s the right one for your reception.
- Bring in a live painter – Imagine how unique this idea is, having a portrait of your reception created right there on the spot. You will leave a lasting impression on all your guests and have this wonderful keepsake unlike any other.
- Hire a balloon artist – Balloon artists are usually seen at children’s birthday parties, bazaars or the local fair. There is a trend to have them at wedding receptions where they surprise the guests with wearable creations. Another great way to leave a lasting impression of your special day.
- Plan a choreographer dance or hire professional dancers – What a way to liven up the dance floor and encourage everyone to get up and dance. Members of the wedding party, even the bride and groom can show off their moves or hire professional dancers to get things jumping.
- Make sure the bar is fully stocked – Catering to every guest’s personal drink choices is an important part of the reception plan. Whether you start with champagne toasts and go from there be sure to have the bar fully stocked.
- Go high tech – When you’re looking for unique ideas there’s party lights, spotlights and fog machines to pump up the ambience. It’s one unusual touch that’s sure to leave lasting memories for everyone.
Getting married and planning the reception can be fun and putting your personal stamp on yours can be as easy as thinking outside the box. The Greek Hall provides a wonderful hall rental in Victoria BC for large or more intimate wedding receptions. Now is the time to start planning and the Greek Community Hall may be the right venue for your special day.